Friday, January 29, 2010

An Oklahoma Drivers Prayer of Guidance and Protection in Winter Weather

The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in my nice warm bed and dream of green pastures,
He leads me beside the still waters so I can not slip in.
He restores my soul and redeems my sanity;
He leads me in paths of right driving
For His name's sake.

Yea though I drive on the Mingo Valley Expressway in the shadow of death I will fear no evil.
For You are with me;
Your steering rod and Your guiding staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil so I can think clearly when making defensive driving manoeuvres.
My cup runs over, but not my coffee cup when I'm driving, and it does not spill in my lap.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and every mile I drive.
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

I dwell in the secret place of the Most High
I shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God in Him I will trust. ........

A thousand may slide into the ditch at my side,
And ten thousand may slide through the red light or stop sign
at an intersection at my right hand;
But none of them shall come near me.
Only with my eyes shall I look,
And see the reward of the idiot Oklahoma drivers
who still try to drive the speed limit on ice.
Because I have made the Lord, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High my dwelling place,
No evil shall befall me,
Nor any evil plague come over my vehicle;
For He gives his Angels charge over me,
To keep me in all my ways I drive.
In their hands they shall bear me up,
Lest I dash my tire into a pothole and ruin my alignment.
My car shall tread upon icy roads and snowy roads,
They icy roads and the snowy roads it shall trample underneath.

Because I have set my love upon Him,
therefore He will deliver me from the ditch.
He will set me on the high road, because I know His name.
I shall call upon Him, and He will answer me,
He will be with me in times of trouble and icy weather.
He will deliver me and honour me.
With long life to my car will God satisfy me.
And show me His salvation.