Saturday, November 27, 2010

Finished Knitting Project - Sunburst Dishcloth


Yarn
Peaches and Cream Cotton


I've been knitting a lot of dishcloths for gifts lately, and that is leaving me with a small bin of scrap yarn. I found this pattern, and really liked the look of it. So I knit this one up using alternating colors from my scrap stash..

The pattern itself offers a bit of a challenge. But not overwhelming. Once the first section in complete, you get a feel for the pattern and it's fun to knit.

Although it is a round dishcloth, it is not knit circular, but in rows. Yarn overs, and bind offs every 5th row create the lacy effect and the edging. Knitting in sections, wrapped stitches and short rows create the circular effect. The first row and last row are grafted together to complete the circular shape.

I enjoyed this pattern, and will be starting another one this weekend.

No comments: