Thursday, May 29, 2008

Vacation Highlights!

We started out Wed afternoon, which happened to be J Danica's 4th Birthday!!!
Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

Our first pit stop was just past Fort Smith, Ar. We stopped at a little park near a city fishing pond to let the girls run and streatch thier legs. We happened to find a mommy canadian goose and her goslings and wild blackberries! It was a bit early for blackberries. But we managed to find one or two that were already ripe. The girls had fun and made a friend for the duration of our short stay.


We ventured on stopping overnight in Memphis (note: Next time get past Memphi before getting a hotel. Memphis was pretty trashy)


We traveled almost non stop Thursday and got to Buford, GA Thurs evening.

I did make one detour to a LYS in Roswell, Ga. My Denise needles kept catching my yarn at the joints so I used that as an excuse for new needles. I googled for a LYS and found http://www.castoncottage.com/ After making a few wrong turns we finally found it. If you ever pass through Roswell I highly recommend it. The shop is in a quaint little part of Historic Roswell on Canton Street. It's surrounded by trees and extremely peaceful. If I wasn't so tired and ready to get to the hotel I would of stayed for the local knit night there. The lady who helped me find my new Addi's was very sweet and helpful. Each room in the house was stuffed full of yummy yarn and "must have" knitting toys. I purchased Addi Turbo Lace Circulars size 7 - 47". These would be my only "suveniour" from this trip so they were worth it.

Friday morning we went to my brother's house for breakfast, then we all loaded up and drove to Unicoi State Park near Helen, GA. Camping was the only thing on the agenda for the next 3 days for me! (Daddy J left us Friday night to continue on to Charlotte and his CrossFit Certification).

I woke up to a beautiful sunrise filtering through the trees and took the opportunity to work on a few rows of knitting before starting a busy day.












Saturday and Sunday we did a lot of sight seeing. We went tubing down the Cattahoochie river in 60 something degree water! We went shopping in Helen Ga.

The girls all got to go horse back riding at Sunburst Stables.














My brother Mark wanted to go fishing so we found a private trout pond to fish from. J Danica got a little overzelous trying to catch a fish by hand and fell into the water!

So I left him, the girls, and Zach there and took J Danica back to campsie to clean her up.


But I just had to get a picture first ;)




The girls met Woodburning Artist Pasty Gentry. To everyone who meets her she's "Ma". She gave J Danica the knick name "Prissy Mae" and set her on her lap and told the girls stories of bear and sqirrels in her back yard. She showed them how she "draws with fire" using her woodburning tools. She showed them how to draw using the letter D to make a bunny, a catapillar, and a few other things.


She was really sweet and a pure example of southern hospitality. She even took the time to hand draw us a map of the area and things to do for fun that are free!


Daddy J joined us Sunday night. He is now Level One CrossFit Certified! I'm so proud of him. He has worked so hard and really accomplished alot in such a short amount of time.

Monday we packed up and headed back to my brothers house to get pics of everyone together! No vacation is complete without a family picture!
















Then we all piled in the car and headed home. We drove straight through Monday night and got home about 8:00 Tuesday morning. Fortunately the girls crashed and slept most of the way home.


It was a wonderful vacation. I loved GA. But I'm so glad to be home!

No comments: