Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Whew... why am I so tired again???

I have no clue why I'm so tired.... ;) It's not like I do anything all day. I'm just like you and we all sit around eating bon bon's right????

Monday I woke up to two mountains in my kitchen. Mount O' Dishes and Mount O' Laundry. (The weekend was busy with soccer games, graduation parties, church, etc... ) I fought off the urge to freak out and start spazzing from stress, but stopped and prayed that God would help me, that I would stay focused on the tasks that need done, and He would lead me to accomplish what He had for me that day.

So I tackled the dishes between feeding Jada, bathing Joelle, and my normal routine.
Now tackling the dishes wasn't as simple as just tackling them. We ran out of dishwasher detergent, and my loving hubby had filled the dishwasher and used hand dishwashing soap, resulting in a dishwasher full of suds and not really clean dishes. So everything in the dishwasher had to be emptied and washed again. I didn't have counter space to hand wash the dishes and dry them on the counter. So I washed them by hand, and put them in the dishwasher for a rinse and dry cycle.
Somehow by 8 I was done with the dishes. I felt so accomplished!
Just as I put the last dish of my second load in the dishwasher my friend pulled in the driveway to drop off her two boys so she could go to her OB dr appointment.
So now I still have one mountain of laundry and two extra children.
Her boys are generally really good and sweet. So I brought out blocks and trains into the living room and worked on excavating my kitchen table from under the mountain.
My phone then rings... another friend calling. She's feeling really puny, needs to go to the walk in clinic, can I watch her two boys for her? She sounds really really bad so I tell her to drop them by.
10 minutes later I have a not so tall mountain of laundry, and 4 extra children. Two girls and 4 active boys, all under 4! Oh My!
That many children together in such a small living room and with the few toys eventually led to squabbles. I didn't feel like trying to referee between all of them while trying to finish off my laundry. So I had the kids clean up and we went outside to enjoy the beautiful day!
I wanted to really wear them out for a good nap, so we went for a walk around the neighborhood. Me pushing Jada in the stroller. Joelle pushing her little doll stroller. And each of the boys pushing one of the various push toys we had. We were sure noisy, and must of made an interesting parade!
We walked for a good half hour. I enjoyed the warm sunshine. The kids enjoyed seeing the birds and asking lots of questions about whatever they saw!
We were almost done with our last lap around the block when Jinny pulls in. She loaded her 2 boys into her van, and was really excited about how well her pregnancy is going, so we chatted for a while and the other kids ran around kicking a ball.
After she left, I brought all the kids inside, washed them up, and made lunch. We had a picnic on the living room floor (I hadn't found my kitchen table yet). After lunch they all easily went down for a nap.
I too took a nap. To heck with laundry. It waited for me till Tuesday.

No comments: