Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday 09202010

Took a 1 mile "therapeutic" speed walk with a gym class mate to let her vent.

Then

15 Minutes as many rounds as possible

8 Hang Power Cleans
8 Wall Balls
8 Knees to Elbows

65lb HPC, 12lb Wall Ball, sub sit ups.
4 rounds and 8 HPC

Lately I've been the one with the camera to get pics for the CrossFit Tulsa daily posts. In all fairness, the cameras were turned on me today.

I have to admit, it's pretty humiliating when you get a true picture of how I look.

When I look in the mirror at home, I can easily focus on the good points, or the "not so bad" points of my appearance. I can develop "tunnel vision" so to speak, and only see the attractive features up at top, and ignore the out of shape parts below the mirror's line of vision. It's easy to wear clothes that mask the chubbies. When I am in the comfort of my own home, I can turn a blind eye to the parts of my life that truly need attention because there are so many other aspects of life that I have given priority.

So when I see a picture of myself in not so flattering clothes, It's pretty much a shock back into reality. Yes it's embarrassing, still, that I look this chubby. It's very uncomfortable for me to even share about my embarrassment because I am such a private person and try to focus on others.

But I choose to share my awkwardness despite my embarrassment because I need to push myself out of my comfort zone. And I just want you all to see that if I can do this, you can to.

These pics are just proof of why I am determined to continue do what I have restarted. I am not going to beat myself up over it any more. I'm just going to accept it as a fact and move on. And these pics are not a reflection of who I am on the inside. The inside me is a confident, strong, and very opinionated girl. The inside me is a beautiful daughter created by God. Soon, sooner than I think, the outside me will truly reflect the inside me.

Yes, you too are beautiful on the inside. You are a creation of God. And God doesn't make bad stuff. You may be frumpy, and soft on the outside. But you have an opportunity to change that. Start now. Make a goal. Take a step towards that goal. And keep stepping and working towards it.

I can do this, and you can too!


Proof that if I can do this, you can too.

Yay Wallballs. More fun than Burpees


See, they're easy.



Yes these are fun, see I'm smiling!



No, I'm not pregnant, I just still have all that baby weight to loose.

I don't know why, but cleans are my favourite.
I like cleaning weights. Now cleaning my house, that's a different story.

No comments: