Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Your Heart Matters... But Don't Forget Your Appearance!

This morning I woke up with Proverbs 31:30 in my thoughts.

It simply states,

"Charm and grace are deceptive, and beauty is vain [because it is not
lasting], but a woman who reverently and worshipfully fears the
Lord, she shall be praised!"

Proverbs 31:30 Amplified

This verse speaks volumes of wisdom when determining what traits we want to model, and what we want to instill into our daughters.

Above charm, grace, and beauty, we should be reverently and worshipfully fearing (in other words respecting to the utmost) the Lord our God. This is the trait with the highest importance.

But it is not the only trait that is important. Charm, grace, and beauty does have some importance. But if they are not exhibited by a woman with a right heart, they will be deceptive and vain.

Deceptive because charm will simply cover a heart that seeks its own pleasure. Vain because physical beauty is only fleeting and temporary, and as it is well said "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

True beauty starts at the heart, The inner core of a woman's being. The more a woman worships and love God, the more His Spirit will have His work on the inside of her, and the more evident it will be with the fruit of the Spirit.

Yes the heart of a woman matters the most. However, I have used it as an excuse for far too long to neglect my physical appearance.

I used to think, "God looks at the heart, so what does it matter what man sees".

But it does matter, and it matters the most to our husbands.

Godly men do tend to be a tad bit "deeper" and care about a woman's heart. But they sure do appreciate a woman who has a beautiful heart and a beautiful body. And no, it is not being shallow. God created men to be visually stimulated.

Do you think that when God created the first woman, Eve, he created a person who was not beautiful? I honestly like to think she was named Woman, because when Adam first looked at her, he exclaimed "Whoa!! Man!" Eve was the first woman, and she was hot!

There was some point in our relationship I know my Mr. Strong looked at me and exclaimed the same, "Whoa!! Man!" It was my appearance that attracted my husband to me, before he knew my heart.

I want to do what I can to nurture the femininity, the allure, and the mystery that I possessed at the start of our relationship. I want to take little steps to be attractive for him and none other, because he is the most important man in my life.

I started a few months ago when I got a more stylish hair cut and started working out consistently. My next step is to slowly makeover my wardrobe (including new night-wear), and start to wear make up again. I've also had some fun sending Mr. Strong flirty pictures via text.

Do you still possess a little bit of allure for your husband? Or do you need to need to revive a little bit of the mystery that first attracted your husband to you? What steps can you, or are you taking, to nurture your femininity at the moment in the season of life you are in?

Share below, or post in your own blog post and share the link in the comments!

Blessings,

Angela

1 comment:

Rescued from the Deep said...

OOOOHHHH GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD BLOG! I boo have become somewhat of a prude <--- is that the right word? I used to be so crazy and flirty when I met my man now all I wonna do is frump around. Thank you for the reminder to take care of my man! Love it!