Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tackle it Tuesday - Following the list

To do lists.

I use to live by them. Them and my calendar. Back then in the day my kitchen was fairly clean and my life had the semblance of order.

But then Homeschooling became a big priority, and life got busy with all the activites that come along with homeschooling. Support group, co op classes, play days, etc. And my poor to do list became forgotten. My life has been lived spur of the moment, sporatic, and my home became completely neglected.

Oh I was able to keep up with the Mt. Washmore and the dishes, but only because I delegated those to my hubby and daughter.

We've relaxed our schooling for the summer. Only school requirement each day is math. So it's time I got my self more ordered and heading back in the direction I need to go.

It's time to dust off my to do list!

Here's my long list for this week:

scrub kitchen wall
cull books (again)
Make laundry soap
Laundry
sweep and mop floor
declutter my room - Partially done! Yay!!!
declutter girls room
!Re-organize Home Notebook!
make grocery list
Mop the floor
Make meal plan and grocery list
Submit Grocery Order
Balance Check book

Assemble Nature Walk Backpacks
Cut fabric for play dresses
Finish Joelles dress and start Jordan's dress
Clean and condition saddles
Arrange to pick up toddler bed
Clean and disassemble crib
Call to check on our custom bookshelves

Whew it's a doosey! But doable a little bit a day.

What is a project that you've been meaning to take on? Is it a big project? Have you been procrastinating because it just seems overwhelming? How many little projects can you break it into? Make a list of all the little projects you can do within that big project. Pick something small that you can do, and do it. Then find something else small to do in that big project, and do it. Keep chipping away at the small things, checking off that to do list, and pretty soon you'll have made noticeable progress on that big mountain!

It's a warm day already today, so this afternoon I think we're going to play at the park in the splash play pad. Which means I better get busy this morning!

I hope you have a great day. Work hard so you can play harder later. Or so you can sit back, put your feet up and relax with a good book.

Blessings

No comments: