Monday, August 25, 2008

No sick days for mommy...

There's one thing you find out quickly once your a mom...

No paid sick days come with this posistion. No matter how new to the posistion you are or how much seniority you have, this benifit is the same straight across the board.

This past week, we've had a small intestinal bug circulate through our household. Nothing major with a high fever or any debilitations. Just a nasty bug that makes your insides feel like they are being balled up inside a fist and twisted. We've been standing on the Word of God at the begining of it that we all are in Devine Health and this thing is tresspassing and has to go. Even though we still had some symptoms it could be worse.

Yesterday I came home from church and fell asleep on the couch while nursing Jada. I was in such a deep sleep I didn't feel hubby pick her up. Nor did I hear him and the girls leave four hours later to head back to church. I was out of it that long.

I think I got the worst of it today. I woke up with nausea and a to do list a mile long of things that have to be done. Schooling got put off until this afternoon in hopes it will get better during naptime. I really don't think it wise to try to teach the girls in an already irrateable state. IF I don't feel better by then, we'll just have reading time and the girls can draw while I read out loud.

My main focus today was laundry, laundry, and laundry (it got a little backed up this weekend). Right now I have 2 loads on the line, 2 loads waiting to be put out on the line, and 4 loads on my bed waiting to be folded. I can sit on the floor and fold when Jordan is at soccer.

Being a mom, it's important for me to take extra measures to take care of myself. It's important that I strengthen my faith regarding health and healing before I get sick. And it's good to have a reminder of scripture throught the house when I start to feel sick. I've been listening to Pastor Bill's God's Promise to Heal CD (You can download a copy for $5.00 at http://gutschurch.com/Store/tabid/543/Default.aspx). And I have scriptures on note cards from when I did a study on healing. They are easy to pull out and tape different places as a reminder of what to think and meditate on.


It's also important that I eat healthy and excersize to keep my body fit to lessen the chances of getting sick. This is something I need to make a priority. I am fairly clean with my eating, but excersize is lacking in my day to day life. But... I'm working on getting homeschooling more streamlined so I can intergrate CrossFit back into my life.

But... I'm extremely fortunate. It's just a little bug. It will pass quickly. And tomorrow will start fresh and new... with an even longer to do list from today... ;)

Be Blessed!

No comments: